I swear it’s not burned ! it’s the pan !
Preparing food for guests that could only tolerate little or no dairy products is a toughjob . You’ll have to click through pages and pages on the internet in order to find a recipe that doesn’t require any of it .Furthermore, when you’re unable to find any recipes that meets your requirement, you’ll have to spend time thinking substitutions for that particular ingredient and at the same time, make sure that the outcome wouldn’t end up tasting funky .
As far as i remember, I don’t think I ever tried french toast that requires milk in its making process . Ever since I was a kid, my mum always prepared french toast without using milk or butter so I always thought that that was the ‘ original ‘ recipe to make french toast .. It was only a year back that I realized that a true french toast requires milk and butter . I can’t believe I’ve been missing out !
I think this recipe’s pretty suitable for weight watchers,whoever that’s health conscious,is lactose intolerant or just doesn’t like dairy !
French Toast without Milk
Recipe from thecollegechef’s French Toast Sans Milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon * less if you don’t want it to be to overwhelming
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 Tablespoons of sugar * I added 3 tablespoons, because we do it sweet here, lol
Pinch of salt
1. Cut your bread into half as your liking and set aside .
2. Mix together eggs, vanilla essence, nutmeg, cinnamon , salt and sugar in a bowl or plate .
3. Pour the mixture into a flat plate and soak each side of a piece of bread for approx 30 seconds .
4. Meanwhile, prepare a pan and lightly grease it with it oil .
5. Cook slices until each side of the bread is brown or until desired doneness.